2019-2020 FACES LEADERSHIP
President - Caroline Perjessy
President - Elect - Raul Machuca
Treasurer - Michelle Pinellas
Secretary - Elizabeth Manzano
Graduate Student Representative - Leo Balseiro
Member at Large - Elissa Chakoff
Past President - Eric Davis
The Florida Association of Counselor Education & Supervision (FACES)
The Florida Association of Counselor Education & Supervision (FACES) is a division of the Florida Counseling Association (FCA) for professional counselors who engage in professional counseling teaching and research (a.k.a. "counselor education") and/or clinical supervision.
FACES provides counselor educators and clinical supervisors’ opportunities to network, to participate in professional development activities, to publish, to take Leadership roles and to socialize!
More specifically, FACES' purpose is:
- To advance counselor education and clinical supervision, in accordance with the purpose of the FCA, in order to improve counseling and student development services in all settings of society
- To address and promote in the State of Florida awareness, interests , issues, and concerns of:
- professional counselors who serve as counselor educators in institutions of higher learning;
- professional counselors who engaged in performing the Clinical Supervision duties of (a clinical supervisor of) professional counselors;
- professional counseling graduate students preparing to become counselor educators and/or clinical supervisors
FACES Member Benefits:
- Opportunity to voice issues regarding counselor education, training, and clinical supervision concerns through FACES, whose current leadership can advocate.
- Increased opportunities to established contact with other counselor educators, clinical supervisors, professional counselors, and practicing professional counselors through organized training activities designed to break new ground in numerous theoretical areas
- The ability to participate in meetings of the association and to provide leadership and direction of the Association through active participation
- Current and informative information on, and receiving reduced rates for, FACES-sponsored trainings, workshops, educational sessions, activities and events
- Ongoing opportunities to receive earn continuing education units toward state licensure and board certification
- Consultation from counselor educators, clinical supervisors and professional counselors with expertise in a wide variety of counseling and supervision areas
- Promotion of a membership-powered agenda in securing grants and other funding sources for the benefit of the division/FCA
- Like our FACEBOOK Page for up to date information and collaboration with others! CLICK HERE
FALL 2019 NEWSLETTER
Spring 2020 Newsletter
FACES AWARD: BEST MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT 2016-2017
Florida Counselor Preparation CACREP Programs
JOIN FACES TODAY!