FLORIDA COUNSELING ASSOCIATION
Florida Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling
FACAC LEADERSHIP 2019-2020
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern
President - Elect
Kimberly L. Allison, MS, LMHC,
NCC, ICST, CCTP-II
CCMHC, Registered Play Therapist
Graduate Student Rep
Newsletter Editor & Social Media Representative
Rebecca Cameron, MA
Luisairis Soto, MA, LMHC, CCTP
The mission of the Florida Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling (FACAC) is to provide numerous and various services and opportunities for counselors to enhance the effectiveness of their counseling skills and abilities in order to facilitate the healthy academic, social, emotional and career development of the children and adolescents in Florida. The Florida Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling (FACAC) is an organization composed first and foremost of Professional Counselors as recognized by CACREP and ACA, who subscribe to the standards and ethics of those professional organizations.
The Florida Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling (FACAC) supports the mission of professional counseling for those professionals who work with children and adolescents. Using diverse and innovative interventions, counselors encourage child/adolescent development in the area of personal, social/emotional, academic achievement, and career education.
FACAC supports the vision of the Florida Counseling Association (FCA) and serve the needs of its members through providing professional development, relevant information, advocacy, and networking opportunities. FACAC promotes forward thinking and encourages efforts to advance the profession of counseling.
1. Meet the diverse and changing needs of child and adolescent counselors within the Florida Counseling Association.
2. Up holds the mission of the Florida Counseling Association in the context of working with children and adolescents in all counseling settings.
3. Collaborate with various organizations to promote professional counseling in all settings.
4. Present important information pertaining to counseling profession.
5. Encourages ethical and legal decision when working with children and adolescents.
6. Support and encourage legislative advancements to enhance the effects of counseling young people.
7. Unites all stakeholders through social and professional networking.
8. Provide opportunities for professional development and continuing education.
FACAC AWARD: 2017 FCA BEST NEWSLETTER