To join FCA or to renew your FCA membership with Visa or Master Card, click "Join FCA” on top toolbar.
To join FCA or to renew with check or money order, download and print the FCA Membership Form by clicking here.
SAVE THE DATES
FCA Annual Leadership Development Institute
"Ambassadors Beyond Counseling"
June 5-6, 2015
Facilitated by: Dr. Phil O'Dwyer
Hosted at Webster University- South Orlando
66th Annual FCA Convention:
“Ambassadors for Counseling: Serving Others”
September 11th & 12th, 2015
The Florida Hotel and Conference Center
Be on the lookout for "Call for Proposals" in March 2015
Congratulations to the Winners of the FCA Video Challenge!
It is with great pleasure that we announce the winners of the FCA Video Challenge! The winners of the contest received one free ACA Conference Registration for this year’s March Conference. The winners are:
Professional Submission: Dr. Ami Hooper-Knox
Student Submission: Liliana Caldero
Greetings from the Florida Counseling Association!
FCA would like to invite you to renew or join our association. We are constantly on the move to improve and advance the counseling profession. Membership has its benefits! In our 65 years of serving counselors, we have been instrumental in “growing” qualified professional counselors through the services we provide, like:
- ACA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: FCA members will receive a registration discount for attending the 2015 ACA Conference & Expo at a cost of $275 for Professionals and $160 for New Professionals/Students/Retirees. Attendees can earn up to 17 CE hours with up to 32 tracks to choose from. Please contact ACA Member Relations Representatives to sign up for the conference at 1-800-347-6647 x 222, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm ET. For more information about the ACA Conference & Expo, please visit the website at www.counseling.org/conference.
- Professional Development: FCA hosts an Annual Convention (October) and Leadership Development Institute (June). Professional Development Institutes are a series of educational workshops provided by our Divisions and Regions across the state throughout the year. Registration information about counseling workshops are posted on the website and in the Guidelines newsletter along with leadership opportunities.
- Legislation, Public Policy and Advocacy: FCA works for you. Our association is active in state legislative issues. We work closely with likeminded sister Associations and encourage “grassroots” advocacy. Join others in Tallahassee, Washington DC and in your home districts to see your efforts recognized and our legislative process in action at Legislative Day(s) and Legislative Week(s). Train to be an advocate for your state and county at our half day legislative training offered in the Fall at convention. We hope that you will join us in our advocacy campaigns for counselors and those we serve.
- Networking: FCA provides opportunities for networking at conventions, conferences, and Divisional and Regional trainings and socials. We support and sponsor local efforts to increase our public presence and network regionally, divisionally and across sister Associations. Our up-dated website and Guidelines newsletter inform you of the going on’s around the state and regionally. Division membership provides you a connection to those who share your field and/or interests in professional counseling.
- Publication and Online Resources: FCA Guidelines is FCA’s premier newsletter! Find out the latest in legislative matters, division, region and chapter updates, recognition, trainings, counseling websites and more!
The Florida Counseling Association is working hard to promote and support the field of professional counseling in the state of Florida. We strive to provide the best tools and resources for our counselors to grow professionally and be successful in serving individuals, families and communities in Florida.
Activate your membership today and encourage a friend, too!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, problems or suggestions for this website