Registration is now closed
Thank you for your interest
The Florida Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (FACES) presents. . . .
Qualified Clinical Supervisor’s Training
Saturday, April 23, 2022 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 24, 2022, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Facilitated by. . . .
Jane Simmons, LMHC, Approved Qualified Supervisor,
President-Elect, FACES, and
Owner of Peaceful Mind Therapy of Florida
Meets requirements for Florida Board of LMHC/LMFT/LCSW for Supervisor Training
12 CEU Hours Approved for Florida Board CSW, M&FT, MHC and NBCC
This 12-hour Qualified Supervisor training meets the requirements by the Florida Board of LMHC/LMFT/LCSW for clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and marriage and family therapists to obtain Qualified Supervisor status in the state of Florida. This training is presented by The Florida Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (FACES). This course is interactive and will provide you with the tools and information that are essential for providing supervision to developing professionals in the field of mental health.
At the conclusion of this 12-hour training, attendees will:
- Become familiar with the major models of supervision for mental counseling, family therapy, or clinical social work.
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy.
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships.
- Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision.
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics.
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal, and regulatory issues of supervision; and
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.
For more information on the requirements for Florida LMHC/LMFT/LCSW Qualified Supervisors, please visit: http://floridasmentalhealthprofessions.gov/licensing/qualified-supervisor
FCA Members: $200 (includes CEs as requested)
Non-Members: $300 (includes CEs as requested)
Click here for our flyer!
This training is only for Florida Qualified Supervisors. There are certifications through NBCC and others for national trainers.
Continuing Education (CE) Approval for a total of 12.0 hours: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling has approved this course under continuing education provider BAP#50‐15249 & National Board of Certified Counselors Provider #2010 materials prepared for FCA, 2750 Taylor Avenue, A36, Orlando, FL 32806.